Just wanted to start out with something to melt your heart. AWWWH! Aren't they cute. Okay on to the updating.








I am going to be the first to admit. I have been slacking. With lots of good excuses but lets face it excuses are just like opinions-everyone has one and they all stink.
So instead of all my lame excuses I decided to post an really long blog...here you go Holly. I hope it can hold you over until this week. I know they are cute and I would miss them too if I didn't get to see them everyday.
We took a trip out to California to have a small family reunion with Chris' family-we missed you Dave and Michelle. It was nice to have the family together and figure it had been at least 3 years since that many of us had been together. This is Kate with her cousin Kendell they haven't seen each other since Kate was 9 months old. Kendell lives in Hawaii so we don't make it there-ever!...someday though. This is Kate on her first official ride with no parental supervision, at least within 5 feet. I was nervous she would freak out. I was so glad Kendell was there otherwise she would have been all alone.
We went to Knot's Berry Farm while in Cali. It was my first time and it was really fun.
Just Checking....
We had such a fun time with the West family. It is funny though out of all the things we did I think one of the funnest things (and I have heard others agree) was just sit around in our mom and dad's room and talk. It was nice just being together.
This is us enjoying the waves. We were so bummed we forgot our swimming suits this day. The waves were huge. I love, love, love the ocean!
Then we took a trip up the road to "The Happiest Place On Earth". This was our first time going to Disneyland with kids. It is much different. Chris and I had season passes when we were first married and since we only lived a few ours away we would jet down to Cali every now and then to get away. We would have a blast and just go, go, go. Those of you who have kids know that doesn't fly. You are still constantly going but at a much slower pace. Seriously I would wake up at 7:00 am and not stop doing something until 12:00 or 1:00 am. It was so much fun. There is something different about getting to watch your kids have fun.
Watching the light in Kate's eyes when she would see something exciting or scary. It was a new kind of enjoyment for me. I loved it.

Minnie was the first character we met. Kate just laid her head right on her head. She loved it.

Minnie was the first character we met. Kate just laid her head right on her head. She loved it.
Then we met Mickey. Notice how she cuddles up to him again.
Main Street view.

Notice the legs hanging out on the side of the picture. This was only half way through the first day. Disneyland isn't for the weak.

Notice the legs hanging out on the side of the picture. This was only half way through the first day. Disneyland isn't for the weak.
6 comments:
You made me want to go on vacation so badly! I love how most kids Kate's age would be terrified of the characters and she was lovin' on them.
ah such a cute family!!! i think coop would be terrified too, i'm glad they liked em. i did get your email...i heart you laurin and have been thinkin so much about you...i need to email you back
Oh the west familia....such great people.
I love your kids...a trade perhaps?
Laur it looks like you have been busy girl. Disneyland is the funnest with little kids. i heard about Mel. how is she doing? i wish i could be closer & help her more. someday we all need to get together... until then i love these blgos. you look so cute as usual & i can't get over how strong that Miller gene is. your kids are darling. how or where is your mom now? i miss chatting with her while doing her hair. sorry this is uber long.
Laurin! I am so glad you FINALLY posted! It looks like you guys had so much fun! Your sweetest little baby is getting big! I love that first photo. That is perfect. I hope you are having fun with Melinda. TEll her hi for me. I hope we end up getting to Utah at the same time soon. I MISS YOU!
Wish we could have been there! Brie and Kate are so cute together, little blondies!!! That picture of Chris in bed with Dave and Holly is hilarious, I am he looks awkward!!
Post a Comment