It's a girl! That's right we are proud to announce that our third little one is on the way and we are so happy so say it is a girl. You must be wondering how far along I am if I already know it is a girl. I am due in July and am about 22 weeks. It has taken a bit of time to get over the shock of all this. If any of you know about the kind of year we have had since Carter was born you would understand that throwing another one into this chaos has seemed very overwhelming. Notice the word shocked and not dissappointed and I can tell you why:
THEM!
In the first few weeks after Carter was born and all the challenges that followed I remember one day saying to Chris, "I don't think I can do this it is too hard." He said, "Laur most things in life that are worthwhile are." It was a little slap in the face. It woke me up and I realized that we could make it if we just kept pressing forward and did the best we could. We learned a lot and grew a lot. Sometimes it hurt but looking back now we feel blessed. I am happy to say that our Carter boy is doing much better and his lungs are getting stronger as he grows. If he goes at least three weeks without getting really sick and going back on his meds Chris and I have a little celebration and tell him how proud we are of him. You wouldn't know it by his size. He looks like a pretty robust baby.
We adore these two and know that one more is only going to add to the joy that is our little family. Kate has prayed daily that she could now have a sister and I was so glad to tell her that she was.
Congrats to all those other ladies out there that are expecting. I have quite a few other friends who are expecting at almost exactly the same time. Hurray for summer babies!
13 comments:
congrats!!! :) that's so exciting! wow, 3!!!
congratulations! It has taken me a bit to get used to the idea of having a girl but I must admit I got a little excited to hear yours is a girl too! They'll be just a few months apart (due end of April) and have fun growing up together - even if it's a special occasion when they get together. Excited for you guys!
Wow, Yay, Congrats!!! You are a good women!!! The other day I was thinking about how I could have been better...better student, dancer, friend, etc. Then I thought why am I worrying about this, right now I have the chance to be a BETTER MOTHER! These little children are such blessings! I'm so happy for you, may you and your family be truly blessed!
Wow Laurin! Congratulations! How exciting to add another cute little one! Hope you are feeling well.
Congrats! That is so awesome. I hope you have been feeling well. There must be something about Summer babies because it seemed all my friends were having babies when I had Evan last Summer too. Your kids are so dang cute though - I can see why you wanted another one ;)
congrats laurs! i sent you a text the other day...did you get it? i'm hoping I still have the right number, he spilled the beans and I couldn't be happier for you. you are an amazing momma and those kiddos are lucky to have you!
Only someone who no longer lives in Southern Utah can say "yeah for Summer Babies".
Congrats on your little princess.
Congrats Laurin!! That is so exciting.
I am so glad little Kate is getting her wish for a little sister! You are an awesome mom, so don't be hard on yourself. They are so worth it. Of course as a Grami, I am very excited to welcome another baby to the family. Maybe I should change that July 4th vacation to the east coast to a few weeks later : )
Love to all...I miss you!
I agree hurray for summer babies. And congrats on another girl I am so excited for you guys.
Laurin! Congrats on the little girl! You have a darling little family. I miss seeing you! Hope all is well back East.
Yay! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! We are having a little girl too! How fun for Kate.
congrats Laur Laur! i am so excited for you. what are you going to name this little one?
Post a Comment