This pic some sweet, random lady took of us. We thought she was taking it of the Capitol, too, but this will do.
Last week for Chis' day off we took a trip to Annapolis. It was so good to be by the ocean. It wasn't really the ocean but to us it looked like it to us anyway. It was really a bay area. Annapolis had that small town feeling even though it is really large. It reminded me a lot of St. George when we were walking around the historic district. It was incredibly humid the day we went though. The only draw back to being by the ocean/bay.
This is a look down Main Street. If you look in the middle you can see some spire looking things, those are boats. Yup! Main Street runs right to the bay. Chris is standing to the left in the cross walk.
This is another pic of all the cute shops that line Main Street. There are a ton of good stores to shop in.
This the Maryland state Capitol. It was surprising that this was it. I was expecting the huge white building similar to Utah's. It took Chris and I a minute to realize this was now our State Capitol now-weird.
Kate and Dad! It looked like rain so we all put on pants. It wasn't the smartest idea. With the humidity it was so HOT!
This is just a random picture of Kate is her swing. Yes that is my almost one year old who is enjoying her swing. Too bad she didn't when she was a baby. She looks gigantic to me in it. She likes to sit in it and play with all the little baby toys on it. That's my big girl!
6 comments:
I can't believe how big Kate is...when I see other babies that are close to Anna's age, it reminds me how short my daughter is! Oh well. Those pics of the city are fun...I wish I was adventurous like you to go and live someowhere far away and new, Ross would love that. You will have fun stories to tell Kate when she is older.
What a fun trip!! LUCKY!I love that you get to have this awesome adventure too! I feel like i'm going to be trapped in Ogden FOREVER!! SHoot I better not be!! Hopefully we'll get to go do something new and exciting like you guys have. I'm so proud of you. Tell Chris hi for me. I want Cody to talk with him. What Chris does is sweet...cody would love iT! Love ya Laur!
Those are some great pics! It looks like a cute little town! I bet that was nice! I too love that you guys are living out there. I'm sure that it's hard sometimes, but I bet you're gaining a ton of great experiences. It's Brandon's goal in life to get me to live outside of Utah, even if only for a couple of years. I can't believe that Kate is almost one! Any plans for the birthday girl? As for Megan's comment..she always has my son to make her daughter feel tall! :-)
I just barely read your message you posted about my hair. I am bad a reading old comments. Thats funny cause when I was looking at these pictures I was thinking how cute your hair was....
I know exactly what you mean about bad hair in the East coast....go to one of my earlier posts titled Hair today,Gone Tomorrow. Youll see what I mean.
I love the pictures. It looks beautiful there..... yes, we know about how the humidity can be! But isn't it cool being near the ocean? I was also wondering what took you guys to MD? I am all about moving away from everyone and having adventures with my hubby and kiddo, looks like ya'll are too. How is the church there? Anyway, I just like to hear about others who have ventured out into the world.... how far are you from jaesi in Va? (my east coast geography isn't the best) I do have a great friend from my mission in Mass. She and I took a road trip down the east coast. I thought it was beautiful and GREEN! It was very different from Utah. Anyway, it looks like you are having fun!
-Jill
Chelsie- Sorry it took a while to post. We went to New York for Kate's Birthday. I'll post soon about it. It was so fun.
Jill- We came out to MD for Chris' job. I think we only about an hour away from Jaesi. I could be wrong. My east coast geography is getting better but still isn't the best either. There are a ton of tiny, barley there states. Maryland is one of them tha is easy to forget about. We love the church out here. It is a very different experience here because, as I am sure you have found out, they are your family. I don't know if we would survive without it. It is really differnt here than in Utah. Not to say that either is better but I do enjoy the new experience. Our ward is so awesome. Sometimes I miss having my neighbors also be my church friends. I do miss that from time to time. Because there is such divesity here though we have already had a ton of missionary opportunities which is really neat to get to do. How is it for you?
Post a Comment