Kate turned 1 on September 25th. Yes I am behind. We went to New York over her birthday. We had so much fun there. Chris and I both joked about how many 1 year old get to go to New York for their 1st birthday. It took both of us 20 plus years to get to go. Lucky girl!
While Chris worked we went to the Today Show in the morning. This is a blur of Al Rocquer. (I don't know how to spell it.) We had a blast. We got to be on the dancing segment. We were on t.v. every now and then. They gave Kate a morocco to shake during it. Then at the very end Ann Curry came over and gave Kate a kiss and talked to us. It was great. Very memorable at least for me.
Here's the Birthday girl!
This is one of the dancers. She had the coolest shoes. I just wanted to remember then. Ya!
She actually danced in these. Amazing!
After the Today show we went to the park on 5th Ave.
When Chris was off work went out to eat. We took Kate to T.G.I. Friday's.
The waitress was so sweet. She brought Kate out some cheese cake with a candle on top and sang "Happy Birthday" to her. She loved the cheese cake. Just like her mom!
We went to Time Square afterward to walk around.
After that we went and met up with "uncle" A.J. These two have a lot in common.
This is Chris' friend from work. He wanted to tell Kate happy birthday.
We decorated our hotel room for the special day!
When we got home we opened some presents. This was from Grandma and Grandpa West. Kate loves it.
Kate favorite word is "puppy". So her dad felt the need to buy her an over sized one for her birthday.
And when I don't know about it he will put it in her crib for her to sleep with. Needless to say it takes up most of the crib.
Thanks everyone for all the cards and presents. We had such a fun day with her. The only thing missing was all of you. We love and miss all of you!
6 comments:
Wow! I am impressed that is quite the first birthday! Don't you love Ann Curry? When we went to the Today show, she turned my necklace around and told me I got to make a wish! I was star struck! She is so sweet! I love her puppy! Good buy Chris! She looks like she is lovin on it. Sounds like a fun trip! I'm uber jealous!
LUCKY GIRL for sure!! How fun Laur! I've never been there! What a fun trip! I love the today show! I can't believe your little girl is 1 years old!! I bet thats crazy for you! It looks like she had a wonderful fist birthday! Kates parents are the bomb!
What a fun birthday! I miss you. I wish I could be there to hang out. I'll call soon. xoxo-for kate
Happy Birthday Kate! How will you top such a birthday party? Next year will be tough. I love Kate and her smililng chubbiness. She seems like such a happy baby and she looked like she was most happy with that puupy- too cute. I wish I would have known you were going to the Today Show; I watch it every day and I remember that segement. I would have looked for you. I agree with Chels, Ann was the nicest of them all!
Oh how I love your little girl! What cute pictures. Tell Chris I especially like the one of her loungin out on the enormous dog!
Happy Birthday Katie Bug! We miss you guys.Chris sure knows how to win over a little girls heart! You can never go wrong with a big puppy dog!
Post a Comment