Chris was up in New York for the U.N. General Assembly. Kate and I went up to join him over her birthday. This is about the rest of our trip. And just as a warning it will be like going to history class. I can't resist. I feel like I have to share with everyone who hasn't yet gotten to see all this neat things. Sorry! Chris wants me to add that because of him the Croatian President returned home safely.
The last day Kate and I ventured down to Lower Manhattan. We braved the subway and made it there in once piece. We didn't even get lost. This is a fun park we found right in the middle of town.
These two pics are of the oldest church in New York city. George Washington used to go to church here when the Nations capitol was in New York City. They still have the pew that he sat in every week here.
This is also the church that was one of the main refuge after the 9/11 attacks. Workers came here to get supplies, food, and have someone to talk to about their experiences. This also worked as a make shift memorial at the time for those that were missing and gone.
Right when I turned the corner of the church I could tell where the towers used to stand because there was empty sky. There are a bunch of tall buildings and then nothing.
This is there plans for where one tower stood. They are going to make it into a memorial area for people to go to.
7 comments:
WOw thanks for posting all those awesome pictures! That must have been really amazing!! How sad though..about the twin towers. You're brave to wander around new your city just you and your baby!! Good job..and I'm glad your safe!! What a fun trip! One day I'll travel..i just know it!!
I LOVE NYC. You and Kate are rackin up the miles on that stroller. She is going to see the world before she is even 5-so fun for the both of you!
Kate is so cute.
What is it that Chris does exactly? And how long are you going to be back East for?
Those pictures of New York are so awesome and you are a brave women to venture out alone!
Those pics are awesome Laurs! I too love NYC! It's amazing how different it is there! Did you feel like you were in a movie going to all the places that you usually see on TV? That's so fun! I love that picture of you and Kate! How sweet is that? You look great! Your face looks so thin woman! What you been doin?
Jaesi-Chris works for the Department of Homeland Security at the White House. We aren't sure how long we will be back East. First, we were planning on 20 years, but now it is starting to look like in a few years there will be some job opportunities in Utah. We would love to live by our family again.
Chelsie-Ya I love being in New York. It really does feel like a movie. I don't really do much. I go with my friends every morning and go walking but that is it. I really need to do more, but I just can't will myself to.
Hey Lar Lar! I love all your fun pictures of NYC! Brought me to tears to see the pictures of the world trade center sites. I bet it was pretty amazing to be there in person.
Well I love you and think your little family is great! Hope to talk to you soon! Keep on smiling and have a great day!
Laurin, this is Cherisse!!! I'm glad you found me. It was cool to hear that you are in D.C. We might be out there in a couple years. Ryan wants to go to law school at George Washington, so i was so happy to hear you lived there. You're little girl is so cute!!! Well i'm still figuring out how to do this blogging stuff, I just discovered this comment page. You're family looks great!!!
Post a Comment