Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's What I Get

THIS is what I get ...
from snuggling and holding this girl as much as I can.


I now have a sweet little girl who hates to sleep laying down in her crib or going to sleep by herself, but on Sunday she fell asleep all by herself in the rocking chair while I got the kids ready for church. This only made me laugh because I was trying to get her to fall asleep by herself in her crib last week. I then realized that she is laying in the same position she does in my arms.

I am not quite ready to give up my snuggling time so I guess I am stuck until she gets sick of it.
I just reminded myself that in a few months she will be like my 18 month old who doesn't need me much anymore much less lets me hold and snuggle him anymore. So I'm pretty content with holding and snuggling as much as I can. We'll work on the crib thing later.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

She is so big already! I cant believe I havent meet her yet. :(

Kimbur said...

hey! I have a baby gift for you and the little princess. (well more for the little princess.) So i want to come see you! I will call ya soon!

Megan said...

I agree! Enjoy it while you can. I can't believe how big she has already gotten. Those pictures you posted below are ADORABLE! Love them!

Ryan and Heidi said...

Hi Lauren:) You may not remember me but I found your blog from Chelsie's and thought I would take a peek. Hope you don't mind:) But I just have to tell you that you have such a beautiful family! And reading Josalyn's birth story made a little teary eyed. That is like stories you here on tv. What a special story for her to tell. And what an amazing woman you are for just doing it without freaking out! I know you said you think most women could do it...but I don't know if I could! Anyways, I just thought I would say hello:) Our blog is thesmithstogetherforever.blogspot.com
Heidi (Randall) Smith

monika said...

That's what I did with Halle (Jack never wanted to snuggle so I ate it up!)...the snuggling lasted until she was almost two, and now she still wants me to lay down with her at night most nights when she's trying to fall asleep. I created a monster! But I've loved MOST every minute of it. :)

Chelsie said...

i feel the same way!! eat up all the snuggle time while you can! she's a doll who could blame you