Some of our birthday high lights are
1) Last night we went and took her birthday money that she received from her grandmas and let her pick out a toy. She picked out two princess dolls. Then when we got home she proceeded to ask me to wrap her dolls up so she could open them in the morning. I only did it because she asked and then put them on the table with her other present. Best part was in the morning when she opened her dolls up she acted so surprised that she had gotten them at all. There was lots of "oh my gosh" and jumping up and down involved. It was pretty funny.
2) After she opened her presents she was looking at them and playing with them and she stopped and said to me "mom thank you so much for getting me these presents". No prompting or anything. THAT is the best birthday gift I could ever be given.
3)When she told me she would rather have a babysitter tonight than have me stay home and watch a movie with her. Luckily I took her up on that offer and I got to go to the wonderful Relief Society Broadcast! (This was only a high light for me because it made me laugh. She is getting to the age ALREADY where other people are more interesting than MOM! No hard feelings though)
4)She graciously shared her new dollies with Carter
5)She came home with a back pack full of candy from the parade we went to this morning that we are now all stocked up for our soon to be coming trick-or-treaters.
6)She got to get her first happy meal today at McDonald's and I think I was more excited about it than she was. It reminded me of how excited I would get when I was little and they would hand you your very own box with all that sweet goodness inside that I now can't stand. Apparently neither can they because both of them hardly ate any of their food.
7)Tonight before bed I got to watch her snuggle with her baby sister right after she had finished snuggling with me. Then I tucked her in bed for the first time as my new little four-year-old.
Happy Birthday Kate!

1 comment:
I love it! She is such a doll. Happy Birthday Kate!
Post a Comment