Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Fourth of July









This is Kate in her Fourth of July dress. Unfortunately she didn't really get to celebrate in it, except around the house. Chris had recieved tickets for the three of us to go down and watch the fireworks on the lawn at the White House. We thought this would be the ultimate Fourth of July! We were all excited to go and decided to kill some of the time before hand walking around the Mall and through the Smithsonians. We started walking toward the White House and we heard over the loud speakers that there were severe thunderstorms coming and a tornado watch was out for the area. They hearded thousands of people inside different buildings, but luckly we were able to sit in out car and wait it out. After an hour in the car with Kate and it didn't seem to be letting up and we decided that sitting on a wet ground with a baby didn't sound like much fun anymore. We went home. All three of us ended up in bed before the fireworks even started. It was kind of a bummer. It was still awesome to be down on The Mall with all the National Monuments on the Fourth though.

This is us sitting in the car, waiting out the rain. Kate is just a little too busy to be that confined.







12 comments:

Chelsie said...

That is a bummer! That sounds like a movie, watching fireworks at the White House. That is so cool though that you got to go to all of those historical sights. We really need to come visit you guys!

jaesi said...

Hi,
this is Jaesi Melessa. I was friends with your hubby. Do you live in D.C. now? Last time I saw Chris he had mentioned you moving out there. Your little girl is beautiful!!!! Tell Chris hello. We are in Norfolk VA so we go to the temple up there.

Laurin West said...

Hi Jaesi,
Ya we live in D.C. now. How long have you lived in Virginia? We have only been here about 8 months. We'll have to get together sometime when you guys are up this way.

jaesi said...

We have been here about 2 1/2 years. My husband is in the Navy. Yes.... I would love to see your family when we are up that way. Paul just deployed so I am going home to Utah for awhile so Im not sure when we will be up that way again. What is it that Chris does?

Laurin West said...

Chris works for the Department of Homeland Security. I am sorry to hear about your hubby. That must be hard. How did you find our he was here. It is so random.

jaesi said...

I found your blog through Chrissy Lee's. I hope you dont mind that I look often to see how you are all doing even if I dont know you personally. How long do you plan on being in D.C.?

Kristen said...

Hi, you don't know me either, but I was friends with Chris and we grew up in the same neighborhood/ward! I also have a little girl named Kate (she's 18 months old). You guys are a cute family, you will have to tell Chris hello for me, and nice to meet you, haha!

Kristen (Cox) Lotz
http://lotz-family.blogspot.com

P.S. I found your blog through Chrissy and Jaesi's blog!

Laurin West said...

No, No! I totally don't care that you were looking at our blog. I asked because I recognized your name, but I just couldn't figure out from where. I was looking at Chrissy's website and saw you on there. I just couldn't remember. Your family is so cute. Chris was so excited to hear from you he whipped out the old year book and everything. It was fun. He also showed me pictures of Kristen (Cox) Lotz and your husband. It was fun. Jaesi you'll have to let us know when you are back in town. And if you need ANYTHING let us know. Remember you got friends from good old St. George back here in the East.

Crystal said...

Haha! I'm another friend of Chris' from HS. Tell him hello for me too! We hung out a lot one summer. You guys have the cutest little girl! Are you from SG?

Crystal (Fawson) Mickelsen
themickelsens.blogspot.com

jaesi said...

Tell Chris to leave that yearbook in a dark locked away place!

Poulsen Family said...

Hey Laur this is Amy Miller, well Poulsen. How the heck are you? your baby is so cute. We need to chat k. I have not talked to you since like your bridal shower. Now everyone is married and having kids crazy!!!

Laurin West said...

Hey Amy! I about died when I saw you had another little girl. She is so adorable. It is funny what you said about Kennedy on your website because that is exactly what I was thinking. How's married life? It is nice to finally have all my friends getting married and having babies too. But you are right it is crazy.