Sunday, April 20, 2008

Band aids, Bears and Sunglasses!

We have this beautiful park in our town. It is about 4 or 5 blocks and there is lots to do. Some of my friends and I went their for a picnic and to let the our kids play. We were parked by a busy road and Kate took off running from me. Now when she hears me say "stop!" she runs faster the opposite way. It is great! ;) Anyway she totally biffed and scrapped up her knees. It was really sad. There was blood and all. Okay not that much blood but I swear I never want to see her hurt like that again. It was sad. My sweet friend Di ran and got her first aid kit, because I forgot mine, and we bandaged her up. Every now and then she would cry out in pain because her knees hurt. The worst part was spraying the antiseptic spray. Remember that stuff that your mom used to spray when you got cut and it burned like crazy. Ya! I had to do it and I felt so mean. Well I have learned that band aids don't stick stick to toddler knees. They have some repellent that doesn't allow it. I can't keep them on for the life of me.

These are Kate's boys. I walked into her room and found her snuggling up to her Pooh Bear. I know you can't tell very well but she has 3 stuffed animals in with her and she snuggles all of them. I just loved how she has her arms rapped around them.

This year Kate has gotten in to sunglasses. I think it is because she has seen me wearing them. My friend Heather bought Kate some last year for summer and she wouldn't even let them touch her face all the sudden though she loves them. I went and splurged on some for her and oh boy! She is one good lookin' girl. She will wear them all over town with me and to church if I would let her. She is the only person I know who can wear sunglasses inside a store and not look foolish.


This is her with her flowers she is helping me grow. She can't keep her hands off them.

7 comments:

Chelsie said...

Ah poor thing!! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It's so not fun when there is nothing you can do to help them. Did you get a dog missy?! She is rockin those sunglasses! Ah I just love her, I hope I get to see her when you are in town next!

Laurin West said...

No that is our neighbors dog. They were just letting her walk her. They are so good to Kate. If you only knew how dog crazy she is.

Cherisse said...

She looks great in her sunglasses! I love how she is cuddling with all her teddy bears! She is so cute.

Megan said...

She is stylin in those sunglases! No fun about the scraped knees - I hear ya. Anna biffs it and gets scraped, but it doesn't even seem to phase her - she is just too happy to be outside. I used to think the leashes for kids were so horrible, but Anna runs away when I walk towards her too (usually towards the street) and now I understand them a little more ;)

Aleese and Scott said...

Kate is so cute in those sunglasses! I am impressed she will keep them on her face I have 18 nieces and nephews and none of them would wear them till they were at least 3 or 4. Also poor little Kate falling on her knees. It is never easy to see your kids cry when they are hurt. Barrick had shots yesterday and I think I hated it more then him!

Katz said...

It was great to see you and Kate tonight. We sure miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

She looks too cute in her sun glasses. Those cuts and bruises don't look too fun though.