Sunday, April 13, 2008

Running, running, running!

This is the perfect title for my blog because this is what I feel like I have been doing lately. This week Kate and I had to ditch out on plans with some of our friends this week because she, specifically, and I are pooped! We have had a blast with family and we are already missing them.


This is me and my girl. We don't get very many pictures together because I am always the one taking them, so I took matters into my own hands. It was difficult as you can tell. She is so fun!





I am training to run a half marathon right now. Me and my two sisters are running the half marathon and Jayanne's husband is running the marathon. Hopefully we will all make it. Right now we are all hitting some bumps in the road but I guess it will make it more worth it if we can get through it. These two are my cheering section. They have been awesome and have even gotten me out running when I didn't want to. If any of you have advice or what not please share. I could always use a little boost. The closest I have ever come to a track team or what not is when me and Chelsie Overman were managers in Junior High. We didn't do much.

I told Chris he looks like the uni-bomber in his clothes. I told him if I was out running alone I would be afraid of him. What a cute guy!

7 comments:

ChrissyLee said...

i miss you guys!! i bet you had fun with your family there. i saw your grandma at ron heimberger's funeral and she said she was going out there to see you! anyways, good job training for the 1/2 marathon. that's awesome! :)

Chelsie said...

I'm impressed with you too Lars! Your face looks so thin in that pic, you look great. Hey shout out...I so managed track with you for mr toponce on year.....i didn't have to do anything pretty much in class...manage track, and bring him faith hill cd's...i was set

Megan said...

Ew Mr. Toponce? His name gives me shivers. Good luck on the 1/2 marathon. My only advice is to get good shoes. I did one 1/2 marathon and was training for another and I developed runners knee because I overpronate and was wearing the wrong shoes for the way I ran. I ended up hurting my knee bad and had to do physical therapy and missed my race. Go to a place that will watch you run and tell you the type of shoes you need. It's worth it just to know. You will do great!

the Wight's said...

I love that picture of you and Kate! I miss you guys and can't wait to see you. It will be a blast to have you drink hot choclate with me all day long. If it gets cold don't worry will just reheat it. =)
Keep going with the running your doing great. Love you!

Jay

jaesi said...

Kate is getting so big! SOunds like you have had a fun few weeks. I love when family comes to town.
So, Im thinking you should plan a trip down south and stop by and say hello?!

Poulsen Family said...

Mr Toponce. He was freaking awesome. Him and his TAB. I think I also was a track manager. I think I tried to run at first then realized I had no ambition and just decided to manage. I think I only did it for like a month.

Anonymous said...

What cute pics. I am so impressed that you are running a half marathon. I don't know if I could do that. Your little Kate is so cute! Where are you guys running at? Utah, DC, Where?