The other day I was trying to unload the car and I couldn't hold Kate and everything else. I told her to go find Nala because I was afraid of her running down the street or in the road as she often does if she can get away. All our neighbors cars were gone so I thought Kate would just stand at the door, yell for Nala while Nala barked back at her, until I could come and get her. Then all the sudden I see this cute little white dog come running around my legs and I thought "what the heck-Kate did you let the dog out". No, all her cries for the "puppy" had brought my neighbor to the door. They were home! I felt so bad. I know, no big deal, but it is a big when any woman 81/2 - 9 months pregnant has to get up for anything. She is so nice to Kate though and just lets her do whatever. I feel so lucky to have ended up by such great people because as I have learned your neighbors really do make a difference.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
"Naaaya, Naaaya!"
Our poor neighbors. They had the unlucky chance of winding up next to us and we have toddler who is crazy about their dog. Well really any dog but their dog is the closest target for Kate. My poor neighbor is due any day and my sweet little girl at least once or twice a day escapes from my grasp and finds her way over to their front porch and cries out-or shouts- "Naaaaya, Naaaaya"-the dogs name is Nala. And she does this until either: (A) I come and pry her from the porch-literally-kicking and screaming or (B) my sweet neighbor comes to the door and gives Kate a look at the dog. It isn't as if she plays with the dog she just watched her run around and sometimes pets her.

The other day I was trying to unload the car and I couldn't hold Kate and everything else. I told her to go find Nala because I was afraid of her running down the street or in the road as she often does if she can get away. All our neighbors cars were gone so I thought Kate would just stand at the door, yell for Nala while Nala barked back at her, until I could come and get her. Then all the sudden I see this cute little white dog come running around my legs and I thought "what the heck-Kate did you let the dog out". No, all her cries for the "puppy" had brought my neighbor to the door. They were home! I felt so bad. I know, no big deal, but it is a big when any woman 81/2 - 9 months pregnant has to get up for anything. She is so nice to Kate though and just lets her do whatever. I feel so lucky to have ended up by such great people because as I have learned your neighbors really do make a difference.
The other day I was trying to unload the car and I couldn't hold Kate and everything else. I told her to go find Nala because I was afraid of her running down the street or in the road as she often does if she can get away. All our neighbors cars were gone so I thought Kate would just stand at the door, yell for Nala while Nala barked back at her, until I could come and get her. Then all the sudden I see this cute little white dog come running around my legs and I thought "what the heck-Kate did you let the dog out". No, all her cries for the "puppy" had brought my neighbor to the door. They were home! I felt so bad. I know, no big deal, but it is a big when any woman 81/2 - 9 months pregnant has to get up for anything. She is so nice to Kate though and just lets her do whatever. I feel so lucky to have ended up by such great people because as I have learned your neighbors really do make a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love the picture of Kate and Nala that is too funny! Also having good neighbors does make life much better! It was so good to see you the other night!
I bet it's nice to have neighbors like those vs. the 'Saturday Night Party Hour' ones! Kate looks uber cute with that puppy and I bet the prego woman loved seeing Kate - or maybe she doesn't because it reminds her she is pregnant and wants to have that cute baby out of her ;) Either way she lets the puppy come out and play so don't feel bad. But it sounds like you should get a dog of your own for Miss Kate!
You can come be my neighbor and then Kate can call for Bella all the time. I think it would be a fun little surprise to have Kate at my door. She's so cute!
That's so cute! I'm glad you have good neighbors.
I was going to say what overman said...blast that we think alike...I hope they do make up for your partying neighbors....when you guys come next month she will have to come visit jack...he loves kids!
That is to funny, i don't blame her for wanting the dog its pretty cute and small.
Haha!
She is so funny! Nala loves her! It was fun to meet you guys and to get to know you so well! I'm sad i have to leave but i will be back next summer! And meet the new baby! I'm so glad you guys live next to my sister and her husband. It was alotta fun for me! I'll be seeing you next summer!
Post a Comment