Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Elder Miller

I just wanted to give a shout out to my little brother Cameron. He was just called to the Richmond, Virginia Mission. We are so excited and happy with his choices and his decision to serve. I am still a little in shock because he is only going to be 2 hours away from me. It is so random out of all the missions across the world he is going to be right by me. It sounds like a pretty hard mission-Good Luck Buddy!

Here's Elder Miller with Jay's little boy.

I stole these pics form my sisters blog because obviously I wasn't there. Good thing he has lots of sisters to take care of him.

The family minus me!

I'm so excited for Cam. Here I have had a greater opportunity to work with the missionaries and get to know them. The majority of my ward here are converts. It has been wonderful to see what missionary work does for people and their families.

7 comments:

jaesi said...

Sa-WEET! there is a good chance he will be an elder in my ward.!

That means you will just have to come visit us so you can see him :)

Chelsie said...

holy crap! doogey can't be old enough to go on a mission, and that certainly isn't him in that picture! i can't believe how grown up he is! what a stud

Megan said...

I saw this on Jay's blog too and my reaction was the same as Chelsie's. There is no way that is Doogey! He is all big and grown up and hopefully not longer hitting his sister's friends ;) Hope all goes well for him. Keep us posted.

Janae said...

Oh! Thats so cool that he'll be so close! How funny! :D

Heather, Rick and Savannah said...

So awesome! I was baptised by a missionary and I am so so so grateful! Okay, so I was introduced to the Church by my best friend, but still, they do such wonderful work! I bet that will be so weird to have him be so close but not be able to see him. Crazy!

Melissa McFadden said...

That's such a nice post Laurin. Will you be able to see him or is that against the rules? Can you "accidentally" run into him?

Laurin West said...

We might get to see him. It is up to his mission President. Hopefully we can at least take him to dinner on Christmas or something.