Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Books.....


I have decided to start sharing my thoughts on books I read. Kind of like a book review. Reading is something I really love doing. Since I find myself not sleeping quite as much as I used to lately I have had a lot more time to read. Especially in the middle of the night.

I just finished the book by Sheri Dew If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard. I really, really like this book. I felt like every time I read from it I learned something of immense value, but it has so many wonderful anecdotes and stories that it makes the learning process enjoyable. It makes me sad that I didn't read it sooner-it has been sitting on my self for over two years. Particularly what I like was her wonderful phrase that is used for the title-If life were easy, it wouldn't be hard. I have come to understand and appreciate trials like I never thought I would before. During the time I was reading this book I was facing an immense personal trial and instead of feeling sad for myself, I found myself kneeling down in praying and thanking Heavenly Father that I had to opportunity to struggle and so by doing growing and learning. I also enjoyed the very last chapter were she talked about how many of us are making our own lives hard because we don't ask for enough help from our Father in Heaven. We don't feel that he should be concerned with us or our trivial needs. When in reality he is simply waiting for us to ask for help and he will be there. I now realize it is much the same as I am with Kate. I always love to help her out and comfort her no matter how small or trivial it may seem. If it matters her, it matters to me.

If any of you have read this book you'll have to let me know what you think or if you haven't I highly recommend it. It will definitely leave you feeling better about yourself and life in general. Helping you feel more prepared to take on challenges of daily life.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I haven't read this book yet and have heard so many good things about it. I will definitely have to check it out. Maybe I will have time to read it in a few months when I am no longer sleeping too ;) I do not look forward to that stage!

Chelsie said...

i love sheri dew. i don't know why i haven't read this book. i will definitely going to have to read it now...thanks for the review