Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Two Weeks of....

Who knew having a baby could be this fun...crazy...sleepless. Our lack of blogging has been due to all the suprises that have popped up over the past two weeks. It all started when we came home from the hospital on New Years Eve and Kate started throwing up. That was just beginning and everything went downhill from there. After multiple trips back and forth from the hospital and doctor's office things are finally slowing down. Except for the whole sleep thing we still don't get any of that.

Kate is amazing. There has never been a little brother more loved than Carter. I was so worried about her not liking him or being jealous, but it is completely the opposite. Sometimes I struggle to keep her hands off him.

We've spent a lot of time just hanging out and lounging around because at least one person everyday isn't feeling good. It has been nice to lay around together.

Even though these past two weeks have possibly been the most challenging of my life I am truly grateful for the experience. I have learned that through our trials our Heavenly Father shows us what we are made of and shows us his miracles. We have seen first hand his miracles in these past two weeks.
I'm so thankful for my baby Carter and for the little piece of heaven that he brought down with him.

12 comments:

Kat said...

Congrats on your new little baby Carter! He's perfect!

ChrissyLee said...

hang in there!!! hopefully things will get better soon! :) i'm glad kate loves carter so much! that makes it fun! he's a sweetheart by the way!

Megan said...

Oh Laurin - the first few weeks are not the funnest. I am sorry. I can't even imagine how it would be with everyone sick as well. You are such a great mom with a positive attitude. It probably helps that your kiddos are both friggin adorable!

Chelsie said...

laurin these pics are so cute! you have the cutest little family. i wish so bad that you lived closer so i could come steal kate for an afternoon or let her sleep at my house for a night to give you a little more resting time, but it looks like she is loving being a big sister! ah you have the cutest kids

monika said...

So cute, Laurin! They are both adorable. I love the nakey photo of Carter! I was pretty crazy with two kids until Halle started sleeping through the night...which was around 8 months. A lack of sleep does that to ya! Hopefully you'll have better luck with Carter's sleep habits and learning to manage two.

Cherisse said...

Oh wow, I'm glad that everything is better for you guys. I hope all will go well for us. He's sooo cute. Him and Kate look cute together. I hope you are doing well.

Janae said...

What a cutie!!!! He's so small and precious! And of course Kate is the cutest lil blonde i've ever seen! lol! i can't wait to meet Carter! :D

the Wight's said...

Hey Lar

Oh I can't wait to hold that cute little guy. Everytime I see pictures of him it reminds me of coby. They look so much a like at that age. I can't beleive it. I miss you and am always think of you and your family. 3 more week and I'll be there.:)

Michelle said...

He is TRULY beautiful! And Kate, what a great big sister you are.

Jade said...

Those are some great pictures!! I can't believe how much he changes from day to day! Im here if you need anything!

Meg said...

I am so sorry about your first couple of weeks no fun at all. He is so cute keep posting pics when you have time.

Anonymous said...

I'm ready for more pictures. I check your blog all the time. I want to see more of your beautiful baby. I hope you're doing well. Love you!