Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hospitals, Hospitals and more Hospitals!

Just to give everyone an update Carter had to go back into the hospital on Monday. He had a really good day Sunday but that night things got worse and they weren't any better the next day for our follow up appointment with our doctor so they had us take him to the ER. Sure enough he wasn't doing good and they admitted him and then transfered him to another hospital with better support for his needs. Now we have been to 3 different hospitals in one week! We are still so grateful though that he is here with us. Even though every time I hold him there are a gazillion cords hooked up to him and it could almost break your heart I shudder to think what might have happened if they weren't available. I can't help but feel gratitude when I ponder all the worried mothers out there who never had these things available to them to help their babies breath and get well. At least I know I have a team of people watching him around the clock.

He might be sent home today or tomorrow. They are sending him home on a monitor and a better machine to give him his breathing treatments. It seems that maybe the first machine they gave us wasn't sufficient for his needs and that could be why he is back in the hospital. He still is such a happy little boy through all this. He has been poked and prodded at so much but all the nurses comment on how happy and bright eyed he is. We'll keep you updated. Thanks for all the prayers, love and support. It has been overwhelming and we really do feel like Heavenly Father has sent so many earthly angels to help us at this time!

6 comments:

Megan said...

I am so sorry for you, little Carter and all that your family has been through. You are such an awesome woman to keep a positive attitude through it all - I really look up to you. I hope that things start getting better and that he can come home safe and sound. Your family will be in my prayers.

Janae said...

Oh no! Poor Carter! Don't worry, it will get better soon! He's a tough lil boy! :)




Janae <3

Aleese and Scott said...

Lauren you poor thing I can't believe everything you have gone through in the last two months! Diana filled me in on everything and just know that you have been in out prayers. Poor little Carter what a little trooper! I am out of town till Saturday but if there is anything you need please let me know.

Anonymous said...

Laurin, you and your family are in our prayers. My heart breaks for your sweet little perfect baby. I'm so glad he's in the hospital getting cared for. I love you.

Michelle said...

We are praying for you and little Carter. Keep us posted.
Love you,
Michelle & Dave

FRYER FAM said...

Laur I am so sorry to hear all of the stuff you've been going through! what a nightmare. he is so precious i hope he gets to come home soon & everything will calm down & get back to normal. whatever that might be right. love ya.