Monday, July 28, 2008

Camping

Chris and I were brave enough to set out on camping trip with our two year old a couple weeks ago. It was so much fun that we are already planning on going back. We got there later than planned and packed way too much food but all in all it was a good time.

Dinner time.....we bagged the idea of tinfoil dinners the first night because we were all too hungry to wait and instead had Frito's and chili.....in the bag. I had never had them this way. My sister Melynda swears it taste better in the bag but it was all the same to me.

My little pyros. The one thing I love about camping is the fire. The one thing I hate about camping with a toddler is the fire. She was far too fascinated for my comfort. I spent a lot of time worrying that she was going to trip and fall in it. She made it back in one piece though.

Chris and Kate were both miffed because I kept taking there pictures while we were eating smores. It was so dark that the flash all but blinded them. Oops.



Lounging at the lake. Kate has somehow managed to end up with a sucker and my ice cream cone. She is pretty good!

Playing in the gravel.

Trying to be like dad.

This was our craft. We painted rock bugs. We met lots of bugs up there and Kate was fascinated with them all.



Heading home. We all look pretty ragged but were so glad we had the chance to take Kate on her first camping trip. There will be many more to come.

14 comments:

Chelsie said...

ah it encourages me to see people camp with toddlers...i just need to brave it out and do it. it looks like you guys had a great time! i love the little family pic at the end...kate has a contagious smile. and the lake! it looks gorgeous!

Megan said...

So we have to take Anna campipng next weekend and any tips (especially when it comes to sleeping in a tent-last year that didn't work well) would be much appreciated. I loved all the pics of Kate - so cute, especially the Smores one. It looks like you guys had a good time indeed.

Diana said...

Rock bugs Laurin? you crack me up! That is a very cute family picture at the end, you should use that for your christmas card :) This post almost makes me want to become a camper. Then again, I think it would be more fun to do all the camping stuff and then sleep in my own warm bed :)

Cherisse said...

Fun! We've been on a few camping trips with Mosiah and he loves the outdoors! I like the little bug rocks, very cute. Glad you had a fun time.

Heather, Rick and Savannah said...

Laurin, I'm so glad you had a chance to get out and go camping! I have actually never done this myself (ever, really, unless you count sleeping in a tent outside of a cabin), but hope to someday. You are such a fun mom! We miss you!

Jeff N Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janae said...

I miss you guys so much! Kate is so cute! It looks like she had alotta fun! Rock bugs was a cute idea for her! It's weird being back here....I want to live with my sis but i don't think my parents are up for that. But I will see you guys at Christmas!

Aleese and Scott said...

Looks like your camping trip was a blast! I love your colored rocks that is too funny! Kate is getting so big we haven't seen you guys in so long!

The Kelseys said...

So cute! Kate is so adorable. I love the family picture. I need to take Easton camping again. He would probably enjoy it a lot more this year than last year. We need to all get together and do something before the summer ends.

Bradleeeeey said...

look who found you!
what a fun time, and what a cute kid
Mandy and I hope all is well for you.
I guess the president is safe so Chris must be doing his job
Keep in touch and if you ever end up in Southern CA give us a call
Mandy and I have a blog as well
bamneve.blogspot.com

Jade said...

Oh too bad we missed it!!! It looked like you had a BLAST!! We'll try to go with you next time...i don't know if a 3 month old will be as fun as a 2 year old though. :P We'll see!

Cody & Melanie said...

What a great family you have! I love that you painted rocks! How fun! I hope you're feeling well! Lets us know how the bun is doing! If it's a girl or boy!

Mark said...

yeah. that does look fun. sorry we ditched out on you guys. the activity time was a cute idea. you guys have a lot of good ideas over there, that's why I wanted you to live next to me so i can steal some! ha ha :)

Corinne Hoyt said...

You guys are such a cute family!