Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!!!

We woke up and went to a morning breakfast. It was really fun. They do a big patriotic show and have really delicious food. It is really fun on the 4th here because it seems like everyone takes it so much more seriously because there is so much history around us. Our breakfast took place just 20 minutes out of Gettysburg. Very cool!




Our town has a really fun celebration. They have live music, kids rides, craft to do, and lots of food to eat. It reminds me of Cherry Days but a lot bigger. I loved Cherry Days as a kid (If you live in North Ogden you understand). I hope this can become a tradition.
They had a petting zoo there and Kate was also able to feed the animals. She is admiring the baby bunnies here.

I took Kate shopping to pick out her outfit. I had this really cute dress with stars and such on it and then we found this very patriotic dog on a shirt. Then I couldn't help but let her pick which one she wanted to wear. Obviously dogs always win over wimpy stars. I bought both hoping she would change her mind but I guess I have to take her cute dress back now.
Halfway through the afternoon it started to rain so we took cover under the trees. After a half hour we gave in and went home.
Of course it was during the long trek to the car that the torrential down pour came. It actually was really fun! We were able to play in the in rain. It beat the tornado warnings we had last year.

We hope everyone had fun. Happy Independence Day!

7 comments:

jaesi said...

Oh Kate is SUCH a doll.
We were up there too. It was neat to pay tribute to the country there on the 4th.

Chelsie said...

Oh we so need to come visit you. I would love to go see a historical stuff around you...and just get to chill together like the good ole days! How fun that kate was lovin the rain...you guys are so fun

Katz said...

She's so cute!

Megan said...

Sounds like a fun 4th to me. Anna would always chose a shirt that had an animal on it too..in fact we have quite a few like that. Oh well. The rain pictures are way cute. You are better than me I would have sat in the car or something and Ross would have played with Anna in the rain. Whata good mommy you are!

Ryan said...

Kate is soooo cute! I like how she picked out her outfit. One day we will be able to join you out there for the 4th of July. Ryan is planning on going to George Washington Law School. So, in a year or two years we may be around. You have a cute family. I like reading your stories of Kate and the fun things she does.

Colt and Maggie said...

Good looking kid Chris you did well, she doesn't look like she has sticky hands at all. On the 4th of July thats a real accomplishment(cotton candy, snow cones etc...).

-Colt

Heather, Rick and Savannah said...

Kate is so cute! I just love looking at your blog. Maybe we will have to go to your town for the 4th next year. You guys always have way more fun things going on than we do here. Looks like you had a fun holiday!