Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 18

Dear Mel,

I could use a laugh. Just one. That isn't a lot to ask for. Today Carter did something silly. I laughed out loud, hard. I have never been so sad but also found myself so able to laugh. I almost feel like there is some force inside of me that knows you are now silent in this world so I need to make up for the sound of laughter that is now at a deficit. I have never consciously done it but it just slips out. I am so grateful for it. I have trying to relish laughing as much as you did. I am learning to love what a good laugh can do for your spirit. It is a gift from God.
I think that it was one of the things that attracted people to you. You would go and talk to someone new and would continually smile and laugh through the whole conversation. You had a way of making them feel like everything they said and thought mattered. That is why you had a billion friends. The best was when your laugh would become contagious and you could watch them start to light up as well. Others felt better just being around you. I want my kids to run to you and you show them how loved they are. I want to see that light on their faces. I want you to talk to Chris and tease him like no one else can. I want you, me, Cam, Jay, and Chad to all sit in a room and feed off each other with our laugh. Those were the best. It would just get bigger and louder with each laugh.
I miss you. I love you!

Love, Lar

1 comment:

the Wight's said...

Dear Laurin
I love this post. I feel like with the loss of Melynda I have learned the joy of the sound of a good belly laugh. We were blessed with not only the miller chin but the deep miller laugh. Up until recently I have all ways been self conscious about how loud and funny our laugh sounds. But since Melynda passed away I now find myself reveling in the full force of my own laugh. It is as if I can hear Melynda here with me. It makes me feel closer to her as if I am listening to her laugh with me. Melynda's laugh was amazing. I look forward to the day when we will all be together again enjoy a good belly laugh.
I love you. I can't wait to see you.
Love, Jay