Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 25


Dear Melynda,

Today is beautiful outside. I imagine where you are it is beautiful too. Today it makes me think of that beautiful red mountain that you are now resting next to. On the way home from school we decided to postpone lunch and naps and go to the park. The weather was calling us. The sunshine and bright colors put light right into me and the soft breeze has a way of blowing out every feeling of sorrow inside. It was wonderful.
This park was refreshing. It has a lot of old fashion toys. A wooden teeter-totter, metal jungle gym and those big metal things you sit on and they whirl around. That is the one that called to me. After watching my kids play for awhile I took some time to push Kate on it. Telling her stories I remembered about playing on them with Jayanne all the time growing up and how they don't make them that much anymore. She could not fathom why since they were the funnest thing at the park. Then I hopped up on it and showed her how I like to ride on them. I would wrap my legs around the bar and lay back with my head in the center. So we both laid back and watched the sky twirl around us. It was like going back in time. It reminded me of all the days Jay and I would spend at your baseball games. Listen to all you girls in the dugout sing all those songs. Our favorite that we still sing today at out house is "Jump Shake Your Booty". I can remember traveling around as a family going to your games. I remember your nickname "band-aid" because you were always getting hurt. When I was that young I don't have any big memories of you. I remember calling you a klutz one times and you were REALLY offended. I do remember admiring you. Admiring how much others liked to be around you. I liked being your sister because everybody liked you.
It is funny how time passes us by and we think we know what the important times in our life are. How we tend to treasure the "big events" in our lifes. I find myself going back more and more to simple memories like this one at the park. The ones that became traditions in a way. I wish I could go back and watch it all again. I wish I could go back with knowledge I have now and take each moment a little slower and work harder at remembering the things I will miss. Watch you with your friends and me on the play ground. What did we say to each other? What did we do together? Did I ever cheer you on as you played? I honestly don't know but I know that thinking back to those times makes me happy. They are good enough that I miss them. I miss you. I love you!

Love, Lar

No comments: