Dear Melynda,
Saturday is my least favorite day of the week. I don't know what it is but it always gets to me. Today being a rainy day really fits the mood but it only makes me feel worse. Here's to more sunny days.
We are preparing for our "Pizza Factory Movie Night". Titled by Kate. I remember being in Utah with you and we were preparing for a movie night at your house. It was Friday night and we were all ready to have fun. You had been working so hard in physical therapy all week, the girls had had lots of homework every night that week and lets face it with all my kids and that many people squeezed into your house we really needed to do something fun. I was in the room laying out blankets and pillows with Maya and Macie while you and Abbi worked on some sort of new treat to share with everyone. You were always good at coming up with new treats. I think that night you made up some yummy camel popcorn with a marsh mellow base so it was really chewy. You would always give me crap when we cooked together because I ALWAYS follow the directions and measure out everything. Where you on the other hand almost NEVER use directions or measure.
I remember watching all the kiddos settle in to watch the show. Popcorn in hand and excited look on their face as the show began. I remember us standing in the kitchen watching all those sweet little faces of ours and you saying, "I love rewarding my kids after a hard week of work." I have no idea why but I have never let that thought go. I have started similar rituals over the past year with my kids. Making a point to once a week do something they love. Usually it does revolve around a movie because, well, they really love movies. We have good food, if dad is home we blow up the air mattress, have a fun dinner, and pic a kid/adult friendly movie. It is tradition for us that began right in your home. Now we never have one of those nights without thinking of you.
I remember the last movie night I had with you this summer ended up on a Sunday. All my kids ended up sick and so we couldn't go to church. After a long day at home that night we curled up and watched "Pride and Prejudice". Of course the BBC one. Looking back it is one of the happiest memories I have. You were the first one who introduced me to them and I remember that night last July us smiling and laughing over Mr. Darcy and Lizzy just like we did the first time we watch it when I was fifteen. No the movie wasn't really for our kids. They only stuck around for the first video out of all five, but wow! it is a good last memory for me. I am grateful for all the traditions and things that brought us together. Thanks for making so many awesome memories and being such a profound part of my life. The more I have gone through this experience I can see every profound thing in my life that you have been apart of. I can take out each experience and say if you hadn't of been there my life would be very different. Thanks for being at so many crossroads. Some big some small but all incredibly important to who I have become. I miss you. I love you!
Love, Lar
No comments:
Post a Comment