I have been having a great day. Now I am in tears. That is just life right now. I have been given a special little present and I want to share it. When you were in the hospital a friend of yours left this message on facebook that contained a letter to him that you had written a year ago. You both had chronic health issues and he had sent you a message and this was your reply. I never saw it until tonight. It was like hearing your voice again! Something I have longed to do. Thank you for that and "thank you" to your wonderful friend, Tommy, for sharing it with us. I sure it was inspired for him to put that there so on a night like tonight it could be there for me...and others, I am sure. There are tender mercies everywhere.
This is a testimony I often heard you bare and share with many. I am glad you may "rest from your labors" for awhile. And in case you don't already know your girls are wonderful, incredible little people who you have taught to be so strong and good. I know you are proud of who they are and who they are becoming.
This letter reminds me of when I came for the second time to Utah after your stroke and stayed with you. You were discouraged. After one particularly hard night, when you couldn't even finish your sentences because it was so hard to talk, I was incredibly worried about. It was all so difficult to understand why you were going through all this. The most incredible day came when I came back a while later and you basically laid it all out. You were so grateful for all that you had been through. Grateful for the testimony you had gained, the knowledge of your Savior you had obtained, and other special spiritual gifts you had obtained that come from no other way but practice.
That was a beautiful day. Not only to see you so happy but to be able to know for sure and gain my own testimony that God knows what he is doing. I know now that that small moment of testimony from you has been part of a foundation that I am now solely relying on . I am trusting in your words and what I already know about Jesus Christ and His promises to get through this.
I have a strong feeling someday, in the next life, we will look back and see the big picture and we will REJOICE in all of this. I anticipate that day with great excitement. I miss you. I love you!
Love, Larin
No comments:
Post a Comment